Green construction refers to a structure and using process that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building’s life-cycle.
With over thirty years of experience in residential renovation design and over 16,000 renovation plans delivered to this day.
Homeowners can have confidence in their choice of a metal roofing contractor knowing they have met certain requirements in their services.
We have a team of talented craftsmen whose skills are vital in many areas of your home. Doors, floors, kitchen units and even partition walls.
As the general contractor, we first create the highest level of trust and integrity with our clients. We value our role in the success of your project.
Paving and Walkways
We build and design the pavings and walkways that are catchy yet classy. We believe in giving our 100% in each area no matter how small it is.
The cost of a Dormer Loft Conversion
You have an ‘average width’ 4.8m (16 feet) London Victorian terrace house for example – a loft conversion here to include a full width rear dormer is likely to be in the region of 35k + VAT – to include:
- ‘Drawings’… measured survey, architect consultation and detailed construction drawings
- Building Regulations
- Scaffolding – with appropriate temporary weathering as required
- ‘Building works’…
- 1st fix work – roof works to include; rear dormer, steel work, new floor, walls, velux window(s), casement windows in dormer, stairs etc.
- 2nd fix work – insulation, plasterboard, skim coat finish, fire doors, skirting, electrics, radiator(s) etc.
- ‘Bathroom’… services, drainage, plumb in client supplied bathroom suite and tiling
Effectively everything… just a lick of paint and flooring (i.e. carpet) will be required to finish!
Variations to the above:
- L shaped dormers are normally IRO 42k + VAT
- Single mansards are normally IRO 40k + VAT
- L shaped mansards are normally IRO 45k + VAT
- Dormers – with ‘hip to gable’ roof extensions are normally IRO 40k + VAT
The cost of a Velux / Rooflight Conversion
The range of prices you might expect to pay for a velux loft conversion may be in the region of 25-30k + VAT – this includes:
- Construction drawings
- Steel beams
- New supporting and bracing rafters
- Velux window
- Fire doors
- Insulation, plasterboard and skim coat finish
- Skirting and architrave
- Electrics and smoke detectors
Basically everything but finished flooring (carpet, laminate etc) and decoration.
Some ‘extra over’ options:
- Exterior roofing works
- Bathroom / cloakroom suites
- Painting and decorating
- Moving water tanks and/or upgrading to combi or megaflow cylinder
- Finished flooring – carpet, timber, laminate, vinyl etc
- Built in cupboard and wardrobes
The following are the costs involved for professional services and planning.
- Design plans: £400 – £1,400
- Architectural drawings: £800
- Building inspection: £500 (add £500 for a structural engineer too)
- Party wall consultation & draft: £60 – £100
- Project management: £1,500 – £2,500
- Engineer structural design: £500 – £1,800
- Permitted development: £172
- Scaffolding hire, erection and removal: £1,000 – £3,000
Fixtures, Fittings, Furnishings & Finishings
When it comes to the actual finishing of your project, the sky’s the limit – or at least as far as your budget will stretch. However, the following are the general loft conversion costs involved with completing your project if you’re planning on overseeing all the work yourself. Of course, when working with a loft conversion company these costs will be outlined in the extended quotation.
- Windows & Doors (these costs will vary depending upon how many you require as well as the quality and function you desire). – £800 – £2,500+
- Electrical wiring, fixtures and lighting. Though the price can rocket depending upon the type of lighting you want to use. – £1,500 – £3,000
- New bathroom (including bath or shower unit, toilet and sinks as well as additional storage space and furnishings). – £3,000 – £6,000+
- Additional plumbing for your loft conversion: £1,200 – £2,500
- Tiles & guttering: £3,500
- New stairwell & access: £750 – £2,000
- Interior designer: £75 – £150 per hour
- Professional plastering services: £450 – £1,000
- Furniture (bedding, sofas, tables, cushions, etc.): £1,500 – £3,000+
- Flooring materials: £25+ per square metre
Additional Loft Conversion Costs
Though this list could practically go on forever, there are some additional loft conversion costs to consider as well.
- You may want to rent the loft out as a separate domicile, which will mean hiring a wireman to hook up the electricity to an external source: £1,000 – £1,800
- External metal stairwell: £3,000 – £4,500+
GET IN TOUCH
8:30am to 5:30pm
9:20am to 2:30pm