Restricted building work’ is work that’s critical to make a home structurally sound and weathertight. You must use Licensed Building Practitioners (LBPs) to design and carry out this work. LBPs must do or supervise this work.

LBPs are registered and required to keep their skills and knowledge up to date. LBPs are licensed for the type of work they do. The licence classes include:

  • design
  • carpentry
  • roofing
  • brick and blocklaying
  • external plasterering
  • foundations
  • site.